CD252(OX40L)-muCD8 Purified (Preservative-free)
Human CD252 (CD134L, OX-40 Ligand) is a type II membrane protein with homology to TNF which is expressed on activated B cells and activated endothelial cells. CD252 binds to CD134 present on activated T cells, providing a costimulatory signal (1). This pathway seems to be more effective for costimulation of CD4+ helper T cells than for CD8+ effector T cells (4). Blockade of this interaction in mouse abrogated immunological effects in several models of immflamation and rejection (5,6,7,8). CD252-muCD8 fusion protein binds to CD134 positive cells in Flow cytometry.
Molecular Structure: A soluble molecule consisting of the extracellular domain (167aa) of murine CD8 alpha fused to 132 (c-term) amino acids of the extracellular domain of human CD252, with a predicted (non glycosylated) monomeric weight of 34.1 kd. Extracellular mature murine CD8alpha: (28)KPQAPEL….GLDFACD(194); Linking amino acids: TR; extracellular human CD252: (52)VSHRYPR….NPGEFCVL(183).
Transfectant Cell Line: CHO
Functional Application: CD134L-muCD8 fusion protein binds to CD134 positive cells in Flow cytometry.
1) W. R. Godfrey, et al, (1994) J Exp Med 180: 757-763.
2) L.M. Higgins, et al, (1999) J Immunol 162: 486-493.
3) A.D. Weinberg, et al, (1999) J Immunol 162: 1818-1826.
4) V.Y. Taraban, et al, (2002) Eur J. Immunol. 32: 3617-3627.
5) V. Malmstrom, et al, (2001) J Immunol 166: 6972.
6) C. Nohara, et al, (2001) J Immunol 166: 2108-2115.
7) X. Yuan, et al, (2003) J Immunol 170: 2949-2955.
8) L. Tian, et al, (2002) Transplantation 74(1): 133-138.