anti-CD63 FITC Conjugate
Human CD63 is expressed on activated platelets and also on monocytes and macrophages. CD63 contains four hydrophobic transmembrane regions and is a member of the tetraspan family. CD63 appears to be involved with cell adhesion and associates with VLA-3 and VLA-6 integrins (1). In a colon cancer model, its has been correlated to metastatic potential (3).
Isotype: Murine IgG1
Immunogen: Human eosinophils
Specificity: Antibody AHN16.1 recognizes the human CD63 molecule of about 50 kd (2). It also binds to equine (horse) CD63 (6). This mAb specifically promotes adhesion of human meleanoma cells in a Ca+2 dependant manner (7).
Functional Application: Biotinylated AHN16.1 has been used to detect and sort microvesicals from human saliva (8).
1. F. Berditchevski, et al, (1995) J Biol Chem 270: 17784-17790.
2. Leukocyte Typing V (S.F. Schlossman, et al, eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, (1995) p. 1352-1364.
3. Sordat I, Sordat B, et al. (2002) Lab Investigations 82: 1715-1724
4. McLeish K R, Ward R A, et al. (2013) J Innate Immun 5: 277-289.
5. A. Lewis, P. T. Peachell et al. (Jan 2013) Clin Exp Allergy 43(1): 50-59.
6. J.C. da Silveira, G.J. Bouma, et al. (2012) Biol Reproduction 86(3): 71, 1-10. PMID 22116803
7. J. Iida, K.M. Skubitz, et al. (2005) J Translational Med 3:42. PMID: 16318634
8. J Yang, DT Wong, etal. (2014) PLoS One 9(11):e110641. doi: 10.1371. PMID: 25397880