anti-CD49d FITC Conjugate
Human CD49d molecules are integrin alpha4 chains that are expressed as heterodimers with CD29 (beta 1 integrin) or (beta 7 integrin) and function as adhesion receptors. CD49d/CD29 is mainly expressed on thymocytes and B cells with increased expression on activated T cells. The ligands for CD49d/CD29 include VCAM-1 and fibronectin.
Isotype: Murine IgG1
Immunogen: Human peripheral myeloma cells
Specificity: Antibody BU49 recognizes the CD49d molecule of about 145 kd (1). It has been reported to cross react with Canine CD49d(3).
Functional Application: Antibody BU49 blocks VLA-4 binding to VCAM-1(5). It can be used to aid in purification 0f FoxP3+ Treg cells (4). BU49 induces IL-8 production by U-937 cells (6).
1. Leukocyte Typing V (S.F. Schlossman, et al, eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, (1995) p. 1617-1618.
2. T. Sato, (1995) J Immunol 155: 2938-2947.
3. Ikewaki N, R Otsu, et al. (2010) Cellular Immunolgy 236(1): 55-64.
4. Kleinewietfeld M, K Falk, et al. (2012) Blood 113(4): 827-836.
5. Lakeshia J T, J L West, et al (2006) Ann Biomed Eng 34(11): 1705-1711.
6. Ikewaki N, Inoko H (2002) Microb Immunol 46(10): 685-695.