anti-CD6 FITC Conjugate
Human CD6 is expressed on peripheral blood T cells, most thymocytes and a subset of B cells. CD6 is similar to CD5 and contains three cysteine-rich domains with structural homology to the macrophage scavenger receptor. CD6 is involved in T cell activation and its ligand was recently identified (2, 4).
Isotype: Murine IgG1kappa
Immunogen: Human rheumatoid synovial T cell line (ST-1)
Specificity: Antibody UCMCD6/3F7B5 recognizes an epitope within Domain 1 of the CD6 molecule of approximately 130 kd (5).
Functional Application: Antibody UMCD6 is a useful reagent to study T cell activation through CD6.
1. CM Bott, DA Fox, et al, (1993) Intl Immunol 5(7): 783-792. PMID:7690243
2. M.A. Bowen, et al, (1995) J Exp Med 181: 2213-2220.
3. Leukocyte Typing V (S.F. Schlossman, et al, eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, (1995) p. 419-422.
4. G.S. Whitney, et al, (1995) J Biol Chem 270: 18187-18190.
5. L Garner, MH Brown, et al. (Oct 2018) Immunolgy 155(2): 273-282. doi: 10.1111/imm.12952 PMID: 29772075.