anti-CD279 (PD-1) Purified (with Antibiotics)
Immunogen: Recombinant human CD279
INFORMATION: Human CD279 (PD-1, Programmed death 1) is a 55 kd Ig superfamily member with sililarity to CD28 and CD152(CTLA-4). It is expressed on activated T and B and myeloid cells, and engagement by its ligands PD-L1 (CD274, B7-H1) or PD-L2 (B7-DC) can inhibit proliferation and cytokine expression. In mice blockade of PD-1 ligand interaction has been used to augment T cell anti cancer responses (3,4,5).
Anti-CD279 antibody clone ANC4H6 binds to CD279 present on PHA activated PBMC in FACS, and binds to recombinant CD279 in EIA. Pre incubation of recombinant CD279-coated plates with ANC4H6 blocks binding of biotinylated recombinant CD273 in EIA.
1) Ishida et al. (1992) EMBO J 11(11):3887-95.
2) Carreno BM, M Collins, et al. (2001) Annu Rev Immunol 20:29.
3) MA Curran, Allison JP, et al. (2010) PNAS 107(9): 4275-80.
4) Mangsbo SM, TH Totterman, et al. (2010) J Immunotherapy 33(3):225.
5) Hirano F, L Chen, et al. (2005) Canc Res 65: 1089.