Human CD14 is strongly expressed on myelomonocyte lineage cells including monocytes, macrophages, and a subset of granulocytes. CD14 is a high affinity receptor for complexes of lipopolysaccharide and lipopolysaccharide binding protein. A soluble form of CD14 also binds to LPS and LBP (5).
Isotype: Murine IgG2a
Immunogen: Human thymocytes/Sezary T cells
Specificity: Antibody UCHM1 recognizes an extracellular epiotpe of the human CD14 molecule of about 53 kd. UCHM1 will also immunoprecipitate a soluble form of CD14 (1, 2, 3). It is crossreactive with cynomolgus monkey CD14 (6).
1. N. Hogg, et al, (1984) Immunology 53: 753-767.
2. M.O. Labeta, et al, (1993) Eur J Immunol 23: 2144-2151.
3. Leukocyte Typing IV (W. Knapp, et al, eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, (1989)”Reference Antibody”.
4. Leukocyte Typing V (S.F. Schlossman, et al, eds.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, (1995) p. 778-788.
5. S.D. Wright, (1995) J Immunol 155: 6-8.